In this moment.


"It is only the present moment alone that holds the possibility of coming into the presence of God. Look around, breathe deep, enter into this one moment. Now could be an altar. This time could be a tabernacle. In God, there is no time, only eternity - or more simply, only now. His name is I AM. Here - wherever my feet are - is where I can love Him." (Ann Voskamp)

There is so much I want to do different in 2017. I keep thinking of things I want more of:

drink more water

run more

play piano more

go to the library more

get up earlier

budget our money more efficiently

cook more vegetables

cook more meats

bake bread more

wash my floors more often

go to garage sales more

organize my drawers, closets and shelves more frequently

read more books

read more articles

read more cookbooks

read scripture more

memorize scripture more

sing more

dance more :)

write more letters

be more intentional with long distance relationships

be more intentional with local relationships

be more involved in church community


These ambitions seem so familiar - these longings I have pursued before and want so much to grow in and yet am always finding the unending quest of improvement.

---

This week, while reading Ann Voskamp's writings, her words (above) blessed me in thought. Yes, yes! This, this is what I am needing this year. This is what I am needing right now. He is who I am needing.

Right now, with Him.

Jesus.

"Jesus, come. Thank you for being with me just now."

Not just productivity - His Presence.



Popular Posts