Fig Tree Cafe

Fig Tree Cafe 
Jonesboro, Georgia 

I'm taking a Biochemistry course right now which has taken more brain energy than I have wanted to give it :) Getting out of the house and finding new settings to study in has been a tremendous help for me - to stay focused but more honestly to keep me from falling asleep on the sofa when I should be studying :)

Today, I drove up to work with Isaac and then went to Fig Tree Cafe, a coffee shop in Jonesboro, just down the road about 15 minutes from Spivey Hall. It was the perfect place to sip some tea and dive into the topics of metabolism and lipids. :)






It was located in the historic area of Jonesboro, with a lovely main street location. The inside had an original brick wall and old wooden floors but carried that lovely "homey" feel. There was some patterned tile work on the floor and walls. Even though the fireplace wasn't real, it was a nice touch! A unique feature was a piano turned into a table.  The top was made of glass so you could look in and appreciate the intricate mechanics of the piano.



I got a London Fog tea since I had already had a cup of coffee at home that morning (trying to limit my strong caffeine intake when I'm not working that night because multiple cups of coffee seems to tell my body that I should stay up all night :D) It was a good cup of tea!



Fig Tree Cafe was obviously a Christian establishment! There was a bible verse on the door, a quote on the wall describing the meaning behind their name, Christian music playing, and multiple Bible verses on the walls throughout the store.

It was a very peaceful, open, and quiet atmosphere. Perfect for studying or catching up with a friend.  I loved the diversity of races that were present in the cafe this morning - not unusual for Atlanta or especially Jonesboro, but nevertheless something I noticed.

I really appreciated the heart behind this place. It was evident that they exist to gather people together, and to provide a place that feels like home.

It was the perfect study spot for me today! :)

Comments

Popular Posts