Currently Reading: The Search for Significance


 "Only to sit and think of God,
Oh what a joy it is!
To think the thought, to breathe the Name;
Earth has no higher bliss.
Father of Jesus, love's reward!
What rapture it will be,
Prostrate before Thy throne to be,
And gaze and gaze on Thee!"







"Wherever we turn in the church of God, there is Jesus. He is the beginning, middle and end of everything to us...There is nothing good, nothing holy, nothing beautiful, nothing joyous which He is not to His servants. No one need to be poor, because, if he chooses, he can have Jesus for his own property and possession. No need to be downcast, for Jesus is the joy of heaven, and it is His joy to enter into sorrowful hearts. We can exaggerate about many things; but we can never exaggerate our obligation to Jesus, or the compassionate abundance of the love of Jesus to us. All our lives long we might talk of Jesus, and yet we should never come to an end of the sweet things that might be said of Him. Eternity will not be long enough to learn all He is, or to praise Him for all He has done, but then, that matters not, for we shall be always with Him, and we desire nothing more."
(pg 244, Frederick Faber)
-


"We may think that humility is self-deprecation, but true humility is an accurate appraisal of our worth in Christ. We deserved God's righteous condemnation, yet we are recipients of His unconditional love, grace and righteousness through Christ. We are deeply loved, completely forgiven, fully pleasing, totally accepted, and complete in Him. Thankfulness, generosity, kindness, and self-confidence constitute true humility!" (pg 265)
-


"God creates by fiat, that is, He makes something from nothing. Your new birth brought about more than a change of direction. It gave you a completely new nature with new capacities to reflect God' image in your daily life." (pg 273)
-
"Confession is simply an application of the forgiveness we already have." (pg 286)
-
"A life of joy, fruitfulness, strength, and influence in a needy world awaits any believer who will trust Him. D.L. Moody was an unknown cobbler when he heard someone say, 'The world has yet to see what God can do through one man whose heart is completely His.' D.L. Moody responded, 'Lord, I want to be that man!'" (pg 296)
-
"Guilt deals with the sinner's loss of self-esteem and a wounded self-pride: 'What will others think of me?' Conviction deals with the loss of our moment-by-moment communication with God: 'This act is destructive to me and interferes with my walk with God.'" (pg 134)
-
"The next time you become upset and blame someone for your response, think about your tube of toothpaste. This morning you squeezed your toothpaste tube, and out of it came toothpaste. The reason the toothpaste came out is because that is what is in the tube. Someone may have squeezed you once, and out of you may have come responses that were really ungodly, maybe even embarrassing. You blame another for your responses, but you have to understand that what came out of you is what was in you. Often, God allows us to undergo troubling circumstances so that we can see what is inside of us." (pg 146)



Comments

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my mouth. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HIV and Cancer) by this Man Dr OSO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr OSO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr OSO assured me that i have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr OSO on drosohaberhome@gmail.com or call him WhatsApp +2348162084839

    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    sir i am indeed grateful for the help. I will forever be grateful and of course
    recommend you to the world and all my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings to the general public, i want to inform the public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr. Omola i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex whicmptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr. Omola cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, i am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. Omola God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem, Email Address dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp or call him +2348118116254.thank me later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts