Creamy White Chicken Chili
- In a 6 qt dutch oven or stock pot, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil and lime juice over medium high heat. Cook until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the cooked chicken, chicken broth, beans, chiles, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until it's the thickness you desire. Stir occasionally. I let mine simmer for a full hour to let all the flavors blend fully and to get a nice thickness. It would have been ready to go after 30 minutes, so just do what you like best! *** (See below for Slow Cooker Instructions)
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cubed cream cheese. Stir constantly until the cream cheese melts and incorporates completely. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the toppings & enjoy!
- *** You can also make this in a slow cooker! Complete step 1 above and then add all the ingredients to a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4. Once hot and thickened to your liking, continue with step 3. I have done this twice and loved it!!