Thanksgiving 2019


Thanksgiving 2019. 

The first time in four years that we were able to spend Thanksgiving with the Waldbeser family! So special to be together. As we went around and reflected on the past year, I was realizing the magnitude of change/milestone that occurred since last thanksgiving. 

- Sheree got engaged to Ryan
- Wynn got his driver's license & started a new job setting up tents for events
- my parents purchased the house we are now renting from them 
-  I graduated from nursing school 
- Issac and I moved from Illinois to Georgia 
- I passed the NCLEX 
- hosting the first Discipleship program this summer 
- I started a new job at Piedmont Fayette Hospital ICU in July 
- Ashlyn started a new job at Forage & Flower
- Drew moved from Indiana to Georgia and started a new job working for the Soliciter General in downtown ATL 
- Sheree & Ryan got married and both started new jobs
- Isaac started a new job at Spivey Hall as the Children Choir's manager 

Lots of life change - nearly everyone of the kids in the family is working a new job and many of us are living in a new place. 


We got to use Grandma Funk's beautiful dishes for the first time.



Ashlyn made this beautiful bouquet!



I worked the night before Thanksgiving. When I was heading into work at 6pm on Wednesday night, the house was a bit of a mess. I had been in the kitchen quickly trying to get some food prep done, but I left a pile of dishes & quickly threw on my scrubs, brewed some coffee, and ran out the door. Isaac stayed up late that night getting our house spic and span. When I got home the next morning, he already had a roaring fire in the fireplace and had given the whole house a face lift.







For my own future reference, the recipes we used this year: 




- The Cranberry Fluff  
1 pkg. cranberries 
1 cup sugar
1 pint whipping cream 
3 cups mini marshmellows 
1 cup drained crushed pineapple 

Gind the cranberries & add sugar. Mix & store in refrigerator for 2 hours. In another bowel, whip cream and add marshmellows. Mix into cranberry mixture & refrigerate for another 2 hours. Add drained pineapple and return to refrigerator. Can be made the day before. 


After dinner, we played some 1800 parlor games, the boys watched some football, and we enjoyed Momma's pumpkin pie. It was a sweet thanksgiving. :)

Comments

  1. Greetings to the general public, i want to inform the public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr. Omola i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex whicmptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr. Omola cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, i am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. Omola God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem, Email Address dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp or call him +2348118116254.thank me later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts