Christmas 2019



Our first Christmas in Georgia! As I look back now, it seems like it was such a brief season. My work schedule in December was a bit rough - I missed a lot of the Christmas events at church, with friends, and with family. However, there were still a lot of wonderful times!



We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on December 20th at Frank's at the Old Mill. So crazy that it has been 4 years! 


We hosted a gingerbread house making contest :) 









We had a little spontaneous Christmas karaoke session after the gingerbread houses were complete :) 



-
As we were decorating for Christmas this year, I realized that we didn't really have stockings... Stockings were always a tradition in my family growing up as well as in Isaac's family, and I know that I want to carry that on with our little family unit.

 I thought about buying some, but the want-to-be homemaker in me had the itch to try and create some. :) I was so pleased with how quickly and beautifully my first knitted socking turned out! I made Isaac's this year and am looking forward to making one for myself next Christmas and then hopefully over the years adding more as the little ones come along. :)  I loved having a Christmas project to do in the evenings!


For my future reference: pattern for the Christmas stockings: http://liveseasoned.com/weekend-project-knit-stocking-three/

Isaac's first Christmas concert season with Spivey Hall Children's Choir was a wonderful success! We feel so thankful to be part of the Spivey Hall family.

 I was scheduled to work the night of Christmas Eve and the night of Christmas Day. Amazingly, as I was getting ready to head into work on Christmas Eve, I got put on call! I was able to go to Christmas eve service with my husband & family and then come home and enjoy some hot chocolate and watching "White Christmas" with Isaac. I was totally expecting to get called in at some point, but to my delight, I did not! I was able to sleep for a few hours that night and wake up to enjoy Christmas morning with Isaac. It was such an unbelievable gift!





Comments

Popular Posts