Saying good-bye to Cranford Mill Drive


 I'm sitting here in the living room in the quiet afternoon - today, this first Saturday of March. A mountain of boxes behind me, bare bookshelves to my left. No rug on the floor. Everything is full packing mode over here. Our front door looks like a mini garage sale of items ready to be picked up by people on face book marketplace. I'm at the point where I can't really cook anything in the kitchen without having to unpack and repack a box or two. 

There is a long list of things to still pack, organize or clean, but I'm stopping for a moment of rest. I'm working tonight so I should probably be napping but instead of mind is humming as I replay memories in this home! In six short days, we will be surrounded by friends and family, loading up a truck and moving across town into our new home - the first home we will own, Lord willing, come Friday, March 12!  

We moved to Georgia and into this home in June of 2019 - just a few short weeks before the first discipleship program. Seven days after we moved, Isaac drove me north towards Atlanta to take my nursing boards.  Our dear friend, Madi, lived with us that first summer and we have the best memories of sharing our home with her! Our guest bedroom still feels like her room sometimes. 

This home was where we first experienced all the unknowns of a pandemic, my first years as a nurse, and the beginning steps in building a ministry. 

As we look forward to a new home and a new season for us, I want to thank God for the time we had in this home on Cranford Mill Drive. We grew so much here. I will always cherish these memories and this sweet little home. 


Comments

Popular Posts