Favorite Moments of May
That day my love said, "Let's have a southern themed dinner party!" And then he grilled peaches to go with the pork loin and toasted pecans for an arugula salad and found some peach nectar to flavor some homemade sweet tea, found some white hydrangeas among the $2 Kroger flowers and showed me how to fold the napkins.
We drank out of mason jars and smelled the delicious cherry & hickory smoked pork drifting over from the grill - and the weather was just perfect - a warm summer evening with a gentle breeze.
All the while I was thinking, "I love this man so much."
- making sweet tea a few times a week - the summer rituals begin!
- the last day of school & celebrating with dinner out at our favorite Irish pub.
- the day he brought me pizza bread and a java chip frappuccino at work and we got to eat lunch together outside the hospital because he is on summer break!!
- our first walk of the season down the East Peoria walking & biking pathway by our home
- this quote. "Sometimes the way to get to the places that matter is to slow down." (Ann Voskamp)