Just a few more road trip memories




"But what's a road trip without some regrets? Rejoice in the stones you've left unturned, the road not taken, the Ts you didn't cross and the Is you haven't yet dotted. That's life. That's the reason we carry on, take on more chance, never call it quits... That's why I'll always have a reason to hit the road one more time, to come back and do this all again." (pg 156 of Le Road Trip: A Traveler's Journal of Love and France by Vivian Swift.)



Ah, our international road trip with Ty & LJ ended far too soon with so much left unexplored. A few more highlights of our journey that I do not want to forget:

A quick stop in a little town along Lake Constance. We enjoyed some pistachio gelato and the soothing lake air.  











Another favorite stop was this hotel with the sauna! :)











A few random things I loved about Europe:


- All the outside café seating with cushions and blankets on the chairs



- the style differences. I saw way more skirts/dresses among women & just unique ways of laying clothing.



- All the lovely sparkling water! :)



- our Public Transportation experiences - all the people reading books or the newspaper. It was not uncommon to see someone on their phone, but there was nearly always an equal or greater amount of people reading. I found it so inspiring and couldn't help feeling that I was in the presence of intelligent people.


- Getting to know Tyler and Laura more. When Isaac and I got married, I inherited them as dear friends. They are truly spectacular people with radiant hearts. I learned so much about them and from them during our road trip which was among the most precious experiences of the summer.





Comments

Popular Posts