#nursingschool (Semester Two)



Two semesters, one year of nursing school behind me. Finishing this semester was an amazing feeling. It was a good semester - definitely challenging in new ways, but also more exciting and interesting than the previous semester. I am continually amazed by the way our professors throw us into things before I ever feel ready. "Go change that wound dressing - yes, I know you've never done it, but you know how and I'll be watching - just be confident!" .....and I go in shaking. :)  But, I have learned to love that amazing feeling after doing something new - feeling more and more like a nurse each week.

My patients were wonderful! I loved some many of them and felt so privileged to get to know them and be involved with their care.


Katie has been a dear friend to me - the things we have learned together and the things she has taught me about preserving no matter what you "feel" or how exhausted you are - have blessed me so much! She has faced incredible tragedy this semester and yet continued to care for her patients and study just as hard - she inspires me and I'm very grateful the Lord has blessed me with a friend like her through nursing school. 


This semester was divided into three rotations: Fluids & Electrolytes, Obstetrics, and Renal.




I told Isaac that I felt like this whole semester was winter. :) With it snowing three times in April, I found myself walking through the snow many days on my way to class or into the hospital.





Grateful for this semester and how it has challenged me to grow and depend on Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts